This position will be heavily involved in Sourcing initiatives and assist in implementing strategic programs for the procurement of both inventory and non-inventory spend. This position will work with key functional staff within the organization to capture business requirements, develop the appropriate sourcing strategy, evaluate responses from the suppliers and negotiate agreements that deliver the best value.
- Strategic leadership within the procurement team for development of forecasting by product category.
- Strong knowledge of the Telecom industry, products and services. Able to clearly understand the procurement business requirements of Technical departments.
- Develop and implement KPI’s to evaluate the status of activities in the Sourcing department.
- Actively promote and champion the use of best practices to ensure compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Analyze spend data/trends to identify and develop an overall strategic sourcing initiative which properly aligns with organizations current business model and future aspirations.
- Negotiate the best price, quality, service levels and delivery terms for purchased products and services.
- Identify new and/or alternate sources of supply that result in innovation and/or cost savings for the company.
- Maintain a structured and disciplined sourcing process by having a working knowledge of products/services including industry issues, competitive pricing, understanding cost drivers, knowing market conditions, and economic indicators.
- Perform detailed cost analysis, project and financial evaluations of bid proposals as well as identify supplier’s financial strength.
- Deliver customer delight by collaborating with internal colleagues to define moderate to complex product/service requirements, assist with identifying vendors, RFQ/RFP process and evaluations and provide a framework for vendor evaluation.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives using process improvement techniques that align with our business needs of today as well as the future.
- Experience being able to operate independently and under pressure, to perform multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness in a fast-paced working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Work closely as a partner/consultant with Finance Team regarding PO issues with tenacity to resolve.
- Support other business-related activities as directed by management.
- Leadership: Actively intervenes to create & energize positive change. Leads by example.
- Training/Coaching: Actively & successfully trains people. Coaches & develops for promotion into position where they succeed. People builder.
- Integrity: Does not ethically cut corners. Earns trust of co-workers. Puts organization above self-interests.
- Organization/Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules & budgets in efficient, organized manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Negotiation Skills: Achieves favorable outcomes in win/win negotiations. Proven negotiations skills.
- Persuasion: Persuasive in change efforts, selling a vision. Convincing.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Identifies significant problems & opportunities.
- Analyzes problems and people in depth. Sorts the wheat from the chaff, determining root causes.
- Conflict Management:
- Understands natural force of conflict and acts to prevent or soften them.
- Effectively works through conflicts to optimize outcome.
- Does not suppress, ignore or deny conflicts.
- Decision Making: Consistent logic, rationality & objectivity in decision-making. Neither indecisive nor hip- shooter.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in purchasing with a focus in technology and/or Telecom; or similar industry experience with the vendor, product, and supplier management experience.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office.
Bachelor or Master in Telecom Engineering or related field.
- English (required)
- Arabic (preferred)
- Kurdish (preferred)