- Overseeing the Revenue Assurance and Fraud Prevention/Management activities.
- Ensuring optimal security of company’s revenues and optimal prevention of fraud and leakages impacting company’s financials.
- Proactively improving processes that impact the optimization of our revenue streams
- Provide leadership, direction and consultation in the avoidance of financial loss and prevention
of fraud throughout the company.
- Constantly implement and improve controls and checks in areas of RA&FM.
- Continuously ensure that published tariffs are indeed implemented tariffs on the systems: Billing, IN, ….
- Perform quality assurance testing on key processes and systems changes which impact recording, processing and billing of revenue producing events.
- Monitor for, prevent from, identify and remedy for potential errors in revenue cycles.
- Perform regular reconciliation and (gap) analysis of revenue streams.
- Monitor bill payment/collection and fraud if any by multiple checks and balances in the system.
- Investigate, understand and document issues root causes.
- Propose/suggest solutions to avoid occurrence of issues.
- Manage/reconcile VAS settlements with partners, supervise the interconnect settlement and tariff alignment on all network elements.
- Continuously work to understand and mitigate losses to ensure the highest levels of loss avoidance and reduction.
- Maintain in depth understanding of industry trends and technological developments relative to risk and loss avoidance.
- Validate accuracy of reporting and data used to create fraud policies and strategies on a recurring basis.
- Report on and improve metrics .
- Monitor and block unauthorized routing of calls to avoid revenue loss (bypass).
- Provide support for any Regulator (CMC) inquiry and investigation in fields of RAFM.
- Recruit, retain, train, supervise and motivate the team at all levels of the department.
- Overall management of a department which has a broad spectrum of responsibility from analysis and controls to automated data interrogation.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and objectives and prioritize individual tasks and those of direct reports.
PROCESSES & TOOLS:
- Build the Knowledge Management of the department in terms of RAFM practices, processes, activities,… through systematic written and digital documenting.
- Develop and document metrics/testing/monitoring methodology and strategy and review it frequently using TCG or manual testing.
- Recommend and document fraud prevention processes and systems enhancements.
- Design innovative processes, system and structural solutions to enhance department metrics.
- Manage End to End TCG, Bypass and RA&FM system tools, from RFQ to implementations and analysis of issued reports, so that it provides clear value addition to RAFM activities .
- Define reviews and process mapping techniques and other areas.
- Define areas for reactive data interrogation (where the team will focus on finding abnormalities in transaction data that may be an indicator of errors or revenue leakage, …).
- Document all revenue flows across critical function and monitors the same.
- Partner with other department teams to design, develop and implement best practices to assess, manage and prevent fraud and leakages.
- Work closely specifically with IT and build a strong working relationship with its members in matters of reporting, billing, charging, ….
- Identify areas that need automation to minimize manual interaction.
- Identify needs of potential additional tools.
- Be aware of industry trends and developments in matters of RAFM.
- Be aware of Regulator (CMC) requirements in order not to breach any rules in matter of RAFM: secure process on this.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level.
- Transaction level detail is critical to deliver innovative solutions in this role.
- Strong technical/operational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong mix and combination of Technical/engineering skills as well as Financial skills.
- Passion for the role: Exhibit enthusiasm and a can-do attitude about work and deliverables.
- Exemplify High standards: Expect him/herself and the team to perform at highest possible levels.
- High level integrity.
- Prior working in big four companies preferred.
- Exceptional English language skills are required.
- Prior experience of RAFM products like Subex ROC RA,Subex ROC FM and Roscom TCG is desirable.
- Prior experience of at least five years as a senior leader of a Revenue Assurance and fraud prevention function in mobile Telecommunication.
- Proven management skills over 10 years of managing teams in excess of 5+ people in dynamic, fast paced companies.
Masters in IT, Accounting, Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- English (required)
- Kurdish (preferred)
- Arabic (preferred)