Korek IConnect IP Technical Security Expert will take care of all security provisioning, operations & reporting for technical packet core firewalls Gi, Gp and O&M FW which interface with ISP in Erbil, Baghdad & Basra as well as packet core nodes SGSN/GGSN. Security Expert will handle all roaming FW design, connectivity and new roaming operators definition.
- Maintains and administers Firewalls, (Gi, GP, O&M).
- Follows standards and strategy for the security of the network based on organizational needs.
- Designs and implements network changes that prevent outages or incidents, resolve security issues, improve service availability or improve user experience.
- Develops documentation including technical drawings for networking and security implementations.
- Monitors network traffic for performance and security optimizations.
- Performs vulnerability scans, risk assessments, and penetration tests to ensure network security.
- Ensures that all security related items are documented and validation can be produced for any and all audits.
- Keeps up with industry trends and changing technologies as they relate to the healthcare industry, network engineering and security fields.
- Works with clients on VPN setup, security and ongoing maintenance.
- Works with clients to help design solutions where networking and security are involved.
- Works with other members of the Technical Solutions team to create and complete both in-house and client site solutions projects in a timely fashion.
- Perform all needed HW/SW upgrades on FW including all upgrade activities and post/pre testing.
- Interface with FW vendor for vendor roadmap and technology updates.
- Design and operate all inbound and outbound data roaming traffic for our roaming partners including IP access, port access, DNS and GRX data traffic routing on Gp FW.
- Expertise with Fortinet Firewalls is a plus.
- 4 to 5 years of networking experience.
- 4 to 5 years network security experience.
- Hands-on experience with Internet protocols, packet capture and analysis, SSH, TLS/SSL and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Expertise in modifying firewall rule sets for packet core Gi FW and data roaming Gp FW, troubleshooting issues by studying network traffic flows across packet core interfaces mainly Gi, Gp & O&M, lock down an application, troubleshooting firewall problems in a Mobile Operator environment under short time constraints involving complex network application flows between multiple hosts spanning multiple firewalls and different geographic locations.
- Proven hands-on experience with firewalls and a comprehensive knowledge of IP networking and network security including encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs , MPLS VPN, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL/VPN, proxy services, NAT/PAT and DNS.
- Packet core knowledge of SGSN/GGSN and LTE call flows and different integration points.
- IMS & Session Border Gateway controller (SBC/PCSCF) knowledge and hands-on experience is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches and a good understanding of IP subnetting and routing such OSPF and BGP.
- Problem Solving - must be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
- Cisco Security certificates are a plus.
Bachelor in Telecommunications or related field.
- English (required)
- Kurdish (required)
- Arabic (preferred)