Controlling Marketing Strategy to achieve market share and profitability goals for either a specific industry, product or line of business. Candidates being considered should come from a Mobile Operator, with preferably Marketing C level position with experience in Branding, Products, Pricing, and Marcoms. Strong B2C and B2B experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering high value projects is essential.
- Responsibility for marketing strategy, long - term subscriber acquisition & retention programs.
- Development, launch and optimization of all subscriber basic and value-added products & services.
- Managing Capex and Opex budgets for the Department.
- Formulating and recommending appropriate marketing policies and strategies from market intelligence and research projections.
- Implementing and monitoring the progress of marketing plans and advertising campaigns.
- Preparing and updating market budgets, regularly reporting on performance against target and providing variance analyses and revised projections.
- Effectively cascading strategic goals and objectives to divisional teams and supporting units.
- Articulation of the Company’s marketing strategy in-line with overall organizational objectives.
- Development of unique value propositions, and business partnerships, that increases brand awareness, customer loyalty and sales volumes.
- Strengthening of the teams’ capacity to develop and implement strategies in line with the company’s objectives.
- Provision of overall leadership, direction and guidance for the organization’s marketing operations and activities.
- Collaboration with Executive management and other key stakeholders in developing initiatives that enhance growth for the company.
Advertising Agencies, Media, Public Relations Firms, Market Research Firms, Government Officials, other Key stakeholders.
- Experience of acquiring more customers but with a plan for sustained revenue with controlled churn.
- Excellent revenue generation experience.
- Excellent customer acquisition & retention experience.
- Excellent Team Building and leadership skills –across long distances and experience in leading diverse multinational teams.
- Good knowledge of the special needs of the GSM and Mobile Data industry group and knowledge of the product's competitive strengths/potentials.
- Strong analytical capabilities, ability to interpret and maximize the use of sophisticated market research data.
- Generates new approaches to problems or innovations to established best practices.
- Excellent communication skills. Communicates well one on one, in small groups and public speaking.
- Training / Development / Coaching: Actively & successfully trains (national) staff.
- Coaches & develops for promotion into position where they succeed. People builder.
- Vision: Provides clear, credible vision and strategy.
- Understanding of local, national culture and market.
- Proven track record with leading Mobile Telco operator in preferably Middle East/developing countries.
- Preferably CMO or CCO experience with a large subscriber base (5 million subs +) mobile operator (NOT A VENDOR) with 2G, 3G and 4G, LTE.
- Track record of leading a sizeable team and excellent communication and presentation skills.
Masters Engineering, Business, or Marketing.
- English (required)
- Kurdish (preferred)
- Arabic (preferred)