The Media Relations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing communications to the media; promoting Korek’s reputation by developing and implementing media and public relations plans for brand building/innovation, corporate promotions, internal communications and corporate communications through the use of various media outlets in collaboration with communications team.
- Supervise the development and implementation of media based communication plans.
- Manage day-to-day media relations/media requests for brand and corporate issues.
- Coordinate with marketing and other departments in a timely manner to determine appropriate media responses via various channels.
- Develop written materials including press releases.
- Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to proactively pitch brand and corporate stories through the necessary channels as appropriate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of brand programs to support brand building initiatives/innovation/corporate promotions.
- Supervise media programs implementation from kick off through to completion.
- Provide guidance and direction to agency partners and review all brand materials to ensure communication is accurate, relevant and consistent.
- Provide guidance to ensure coordination and communication of messages/news.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of media programs and communicate results back to business.
- Supervise internal/external corporate and local events in support of corporate strategy.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Communication Skills.
- Decision Making.
- Networking and Relationship Building.
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Problem Solving.
- Results Orientation.
- Project Management Skills.
- Computer Skills.
Bachelor in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- English (required)
- Arabic (required)
- Kurdish (required)