To work with Database administrator to Plan, schedule and coordinate all database administration activities, including create logical and physical data layout, table re-organization, installing patches, upgrading the database server and application tools.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
- Perform database restores & recovery as and when required.
- Follow established database security processes/procedures, controlling and monitoring user access to the database.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of multiple databases and related products in production and development environments.
- Create tables, sequences, triggers, PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Analyze offensive queries and take necessary action for optimization.
- Proactively monitor the usage and growth of the database space utilization, communicate to management for potential issues and prepare capacity report.
- Handle database object deployment to Integration, QA, UAT, and Production.
- Backup/Recovery, Data Replication, Distributed Databases, Data Migration.
- Provide technical support to business users and development team.
- Provides 24/7 hours coverage for service failure resolution (Pager support will be required).
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, direction and coaching to clients and peers.
- Perform incident troubleshooting and restoration of services.
- Consults in projects involving various IT Support departments and business users.
- Expert level skills in reading and writing complex stored procedures, views, and triggers.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Optimize the performance of the database in the areas of capacity and reliability, real-time monitoring tools, and operational procedures.
- Establish/implement backup and recovery procedures; establish disaster recovery and high availability plans.
- Establish/implement release management and patch upgrades strategy for preventive maintenance.
- Evaluate, test and validate new releases prior to implementation on variations of system configurations; analyzing and adjusting servers for performance and efficient operations.
- Create/implement release management and preventive maintenance strategy to maintain and enhance existing computing infrastructure
- Performing application troubleshooting, identifying corrective actions and developing problem resolution.
- Perform complex database troubleshooting and provide root cause analysis. Communicate problems with solutions both to customers and management.
- Initiate service calls with vendor support and follow-up problem resolutions.
- Troubleshoots Client / Server and database problems.
- Assists in testing and debugging of new versions prior to implementation.
- Participate in the Operational Readiness Testing and validate new environment.
- Recognizes problems and respond with technically sound solutions.
- Take initiative in systematically gathers information to sorts through complex issues.
- Take leadership in seeking input from others to addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions and communicates decisions to others.
- Database administration experience with Oracle, Oracle RAC, Oracle Grid, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Programming background in any applicable language is desired.
- Oracle Certificate is a plus.
Bachelor in Computer Science or related field.
- Arabic (preferred)
- English (required)
- Kurdish (required)