The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of large, complex, and internal/external facing projects such as new Warehouse Management System, Contract Management System, upgrade Microsoft Dynamics, Procurement processes and any other request to improve the business processes in Sourcing Department. The Senior Project Manager will need to manage multiple (large-scale) projects at one time while aligning timelines, budgets, deliverables, and resources as necessary.
- Supports project initiation efforts by assisting in the definition of project scope and the identification/selection of solution(s).
- Assists project management in the development of work plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines.
- Gathers, analyzes, and documents solution requirements.
- Ensure all IT systems related to Warehouse Management are setup and run as per the organizational requirements and deliver business value.
- Continuously improve utilization of WMS system in the organization.
- Engage with business leaders, users and partners to understand processes, needs, constraints and deliver solutions, enhancements and resolution of issues.
- Create and maintain master data, system settings and user access control and insure the integrity and accuracy of the master data.
- Coordinate with IT and related departments. to perform timely monitoring, administration, backups, and performance tuning, problem resolution and user support for IT systems related to WMS.
- Configure and maintain handhelds, barcode machines and others tools related to WMS system.
- Communicate system changes to the users, including translating system functionality into business relevant language.
- Identify opportunities and implement improvements to the current applications, seek and apply best practices.
- Recommend enhancements or new systems where appropriate and act as project lead in their implementation.
- Ensure that the user-group is properly trained and coordinate with supplier to train and regularly update users with latest system updates, create and maintain user manuals, documentation and SOP.
- Identify data requirements from the ERP and other systems and work closely with the technical owners to develop data integration.
- Serve as a key internal resource on process improvement of the projects and initiatives, as requested by department.
- Work cross functionally with all the related departments (e.g. Procurement, IT, Technical, Finance, Relations) to understand their business requirements as it relates to WMS systems and apply them appropriately.
- Develop reports, extract requested information and reconcile data.
- Provide weekly and monthly KPI reports related to the project status.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Analytical skills:
- Identifies significant problems & opportunities.
- Analyzes problems and people in depth.
- Sorts the wheat from the chaff, determining root causes.
- Generates new approaches to problems or innovations to established best practices.
- Does not ethically cut corners. Earns trust of co-workers. Puts organization above self-interests.
- Partners with business and proposes solutions/improvements.
- Works effectively in a self-directed manner with minimal direction from lead and/or manager.
- Leads smaller streams of work.
- Interfaces across all organization levels comfortably.
- Team Player Reaches out to peers, approachable, leads peers to do what is best for company.
- Training / Development / Coaching:
- Actively & successfully trains people
- Coaches & develops for promotion into position where they succeed, people builder.
- Mentors team members and peers in developing required technical skills, functional knowledge, and business acumen.
- Communication Skills:
- Reporting skills, writes clear, precise, well-organized documents/reports, Eefective verbal/written communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- 5+ years in Warehousing, Distribution, or Supply Chain Operations with thorough knowledge of Supply Chain systems and processes.
- Preferably Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Method.
- 10 years’ experience in Business processes IT or relevant field.
- Experience with WMS applications.
- Strong knowledge of systems development lifecycle and IT operations.
- Organization / planning: Plans, organizes, schedules & budgets in efficient, organized manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Warehouse Management systems - analysis, configuration, implementation, and support.
- Project Management skills, PMP or Prince2 certified.
Bachelor or Master in Computer Science.
- English (required)
- Arabic (preferred)
- Kurdish (preferred)