To handle clearing and forwarding tasks at top level and represent company with clients, customs officials, terminal operators, shipping companies, and transporters.
- To act as a focal point for custom clearance for all shipments.
- Follow up with the carriers, forwarding agent and airline for the status of shipment arrival.
- Co-ordinate with Local distribution/vendors in arranging necessary trailers/trucks for the smooth delivery of the consignment/shipments by Air, Sea and Road.
- Handles documentation related to the shipments, including insurance forms and dispatch forms.
- Tracks routing information and develops logistics which he uses to track changes and ensure delivery of goods.
- Well-organized and able to coordinate shipments between multiple carriers and modes of transportation.
- Manage, schedule, supervise and coordinate the shipment of goods domestically and across international boundaries.
- Responsible for communicating with transportation companies to monitor the status of shipments.
- Work include handling the operation, invoicing, jobs follow-up etc.
- Management Competencies:
• Able to assess the correct H.S. Codes of items / merchandise for declaring on GDs.
• Complete awareness of regional geographies.
• Knowledge of local custom laws & Ability to attend independently to Customs official’s objections / hearings.
- Behavioural Competencies:
• Ability to communicate openly, confidently and listens well to ensure common understanding and anticipate issues of other domain.
• Be analytical, logical and ability to clearly and concisely present both written and/or oral information.
- Technical Competencies:
• Global exposure to international & global logistics in all aspects of a materials warehouse operation, including goods receipts, materials movements and shipping.
• Forecast, planning & organizing (Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, lead & control).
• Time management (monitoring performance against deadlines and milestones).
- Other Competencies:
• Ability to coordinate efforts/resources within and across boundaries to deliver goals.
• Ability to work in Warehouse environment.
• Product/Supplier Knowledge and meeting the demands accordingly.
• Capable to build strong and long-term team relationships within and across functions.
• Should be able to handle emergencies and solve issues in real time.
Bachelor in a relevant field.
- English (required)
- Arabic (required)
- Kurdish (required)