To work with S&S admin to and administer UNIX Systems such as setting up new Unix/Solaris/Linux servers, managing user accounts, installation and maintenance of software, backup and recovery of systems, and system activity monitoring. Also to Manage and administer of SAN storage/San switch.
- Configures new servers and verifies the condition of equipment ordered.
- Installs all optional hardware components and determines the best method for setting up the console.
- Collaborates with the network support team to select and configure the most appropriate network(s) on which the server will operate.
- Plans and configures the use of the internal storage arrays of the server depending on the applications, databases and the configuration of the server itself.
- Installs the operating system and proactive recommended patches after installation of the server.
- Installs and configures Apache and Tomcat on Linux and Unix based systems.
- Collaborates with Web development team to roll out new releases and troubleshoot issues as required.
- Develops plans and scripts for backups and maintains file systems in a consistent state.
- Installs and upgrades Linux and Unix operating system and third party software as required by the business.
- Ensures license agreements are faithfully executed for Linux and Unix servers.
- Obtains, installs and removes patches and patch clusters when required.
- Manages disaster recovery strategies, ensures reliable backups are performed, and restores, posts and removes files as needed.
- Manages user access and sets up startup scripts with appropriate permissions.
- Capacity planning, forecast storage growth and Determine allocation of different storage types.
- Backup, Maintain proper backup schedule, Restore and recover data as requested Facilitate off-site storage of tape.
- Ability to install, maintain, modify and upgrade Sun servers with Solaris.
- Ability to install, maintain, modify and upgrade RedHat Linux servers.
- University degree or certificate in a technical field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a Linux or Unix technical environment.
- Knowledge of data security and disaster recovery systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of network systems, protocols and applications.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- Team-oriented and customer focused.
- Demonstrates leadership and cooperation.
Bachelor in Computer Science or any related field
- English (required)
- Kurdish (preferred)
- Arabic (preferred)